The Third Place Blog: About Motivation
Here is how we keep ourselves motivated:
- We have a business mentor, because listening to a person who went down this path before us is extremely motivating. He also gives us some great advice and shortcuts!
- We owe it to you! Literally. About 100-200 people a day, just like you, are visiting our website, and some of them are even sending us quick emails, tweeting about us or commenting on our Instagram photos. We have to move forward because you are waiting ;)
- We watch TED videos every day during breakfast, lunch and dinner. We also listen to audiobooks and podcasts while driving. Our favorite podcast is “Entrepreneur on Fire”
- We are focusing on a finish. Some steps are harder than others, but our goal is so tempting… Sorry, we can’t stop.
- We avoid negative people. First of all, we believe that majority of people in the world are in auto mode, they are not really present. Second of all, we take into consideration the advice of people that have achieved the results that we are aiming for. If you work at a job you hate, don’t bother telling us our idea is no good!
If you are not feeling motivated, if your business is not moving forward, or if you find yourself feeling “stuck,” it is most likely because your “why” is not strong enough to pull you through the rough spots and make you push yourself to do things when you don’t want to do them. Anyone can easily find out how to build a business. But only you can find out your true “why”, which will be considering to you.
Never give up. If you have a dream, dare to pursue it. As the iconic Sir Branson says: “Opportunities are like busses. There is always another one coming”. So be positive and energetic, believe in yourself and get the courage to go after what you truly dream of. Stay determined about your business goals and chase them with relentless zeal. Don’t forget that if there is a will, there is a way!